Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chicken Quesedilas

I usually have boneless skinless chicken breasts and / or tenderloins in the freezer, and quesedilas are my "go to" meal for something easy!

You can put anything you want in them, this is my "kicked up" version, you could add any veggies you want, and take out those that you don't. I like to add chopped spinach when I have it. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
Chop 1 medium white or yellow onion
Chop 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, and 1 green pepper
Drizzle a large skillet with some olive oil, and add a pad of margarine or butter
Add the chicken, onion, and peppers(Add sliced jalepenos if you like them...I serve them as a garnish, because I don't like them, but Bryan does)
Sprinkle with some taco seasoning, and/or, 1/2 t cumin, 1 T chili powder, seasoned salt, and garlic pepperAdd 1 small can of green chiles (can be mild or hot)
When chicken is done and veggies are soft, remove from heat
Put a flour tortilla on the George Foreman Grill
Spread chicken mixture over tortilla
Top with a handful of shredded cheese
Add another tortilla

Close lid, and cook 2 or 3 minutes

Serve with Spanish Rice, Refried Beans topped with shredded monterrey jack cheese, chips, salsa and garnishes. (Same garnishes as tacos: chopped tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, etc.).

No comments: