Friday, July 13, 2012

Green Tickles: Kiwi Pineapple Popsicles



Gazing out the window on a hot summer day, I find myself longing for a tropical island paradise surrounded by crystal clear turquoise waters. Palm trees, tropical fruit, paradise....

Just then I look out my window and watch the shadows of yet another heatwave pass by, in this hellacious desert. I developed this tropical inspired ice pop as my own mini get away. On those long hot summer days, while my Munchkin is napping, I lay on my love seat and enjoy this unbelievable frozen treat. Just the soothing sounds of a clicking ceiling fan as I savor every moment and allow myself to be swept away to my own little paradise. If only for just a moment.

Kiwi and pineapple combine in a sweet and tart ice pop. My mom is a huge fan! She really loves these popsicles. Munchkin is really enamored with them, she calls them her "Green Tickles". Which completely tickles me.

Enjoy them, I know you will!

Kiwi Pineapple Popsicles
makes approximately 10 - 4 ounce popsicles

1 whole pineapple, (peeled, cored and chopped)
2 tablespoons clover honey
6 ripe kiwi, (peeled and sliced) reserve 10 kiwi slices

Combine pineapple chunks, honey and kiwi (except 10 slices of reserved kiwi) in a blender and process until you have a smooth mixture. If you prefer a chunky consistency, pulse until you reach the perfect consistency.

Add 1 kiwi slice to the bottom of each popsicle mold. Tip mold to side (to allow kiwi to stay on side) then pour mixture in molds, cover with aluminum foil and add popsicle sticks. Freeze according to manufacturers instructions. I prefer to freeze 12-24 hours.

Run under warm water to loosen popsicle. Serve and enjoy.

No comments: